7 Reasons to Work with a College Life Planning Independent Educational Consultant?
1) Professional College Admissions Counseling: According to CollegeBoard.com, the national average for counselor to student ratio is currently at about 457:1. This means that if your student goes to a public school, they are vying for the attention of 1 counselor with about 457 of their peers. The Independent Education Consultant from College Life Planning can provide the personal counseling your student deserves with personalized attention your student needs.
2) It Gives your Student the “Edge”: Anne Tergesen (2006), in an article What price college admission? Parents are spending tens of thousands to shape their kids’ game plans (Businessweek Online) states, "22% of all freshman at private four-year colleges have used IECs” to help them grow academically. With the personalized attention your student would get from CLP advisors, they also get the experience of an admissions counselor, financial aid counselor, and essay expert who will be helping your child find the right college, and get into the right college. With the one-on-one personalized attention of the IEC, it is not cookie-cutter advice- it is intentional, specialized, and personalized for your students’ needs.
3) It Removes Stress: Stress and college prep go hand in hand. Students’ biggest concerns are getting accepted to college, and then paying for it. When it comes down to the wire, an IEC can help carry the burden and “light the way” for your family. You are no longer on your own, you have a consultant who will take the stress of planning for college and transform it into results.
4) It is Convenient: When you hire an IEC, you can schedule meetings and appointments that are convenient with your schedule and you aren’t bound by location because you can email, text, call, and Skype to keep up with your IEC! When you stick with your HS guidance counselor, you are bound by their schedule; and they aren’t available in the summer, or evenings, or weekends! Working with a College Life Planning IEC is convenient for your life.
5) We Work with all Students: College Life Planning is far more concerned with helping people than our admissions stats. We will work with any student, and we will help them raise the bar in their life. It isn’t about getting into the best college in the US; it is about getting into the right college. We will help your student, regardless of race, grades, test scores, or abilities get into the right college (or program) for them. Mark Sklarow, the executive director of IECA says, “It’s ALWAYS About the Match” referring to finding the right college match for each individual student, at College Life Planning, we will help your student find that match- no matter what.
6) Student Assessments are a Major Priority: When you commit to a CLP IEC, we will focus on developing your students strengths; but not through a simplistic and home-made series of question and answer sessions; we utilize professional strengths assessments created by Mike Adams known as MAPS. This profiling system not only provides your student with their personality and strengths assessment, but also a detailed list of potential careers based on the results of these tests. It is really an amazing system, and when you hire and Independent Educational Consultant at CLP- your student will develop their strengths.
7) It Will Save You Money: Hiring an IEC will ultimately save you money because your student is more likely to chose the right college and career the FIRST time. By hiring a College Life Planning Consultant, you will save even more money. Part of our philosophy is that hiring an advisor with CLP shouldn’t cost as much as the school you want to attend, so we are affordable, because that is who we are.